Creative Critical Reflection Draft #1
How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
My product uses and challenges many different conventions. Magazines such as the Better Homes and Gardens uses different techniques to attract the reader to their magazine. One of these techniques are the words they use on the cover page and the color and font of them. On the cover page they used the background of one of the crafts that can be found inside. I used this idea with my magazine by putting my two page story craft as my background, this way the reader will want to look inside to see what materials were used and how to make it.
I also liked their idea on using a dark background and a light colored font to contrast the color of the writing and make it stand out. I tried to convey this when I picked a darker color background and a lighter colored font, this made the words very visible and easy to read. I also used conventions from the Woman's Day Holiday Fun Magazine. This magazine used colors that represent the seasonal event. This one was also Christmas themed, it used red, green, yellow and white as its main colors. With these colors you could tell that it was Christmas themed and made the magazine stand out from others. Knowing this, I chose my colors based on Christmas and the thoughts related to it.
My magazine is used for parents and families that need ways and ideas to keep their children entertained. It is also directed towards the parents to give them tips for the holidays and simple ideas for food, decorations and organization.
My product uses and challenges many different conventions. Magazines such as the Better Homes and Gardens uses different techniques to attract the reader to their magazine. One of these techniques are the words they use on the cover page and the color and font of them. On the cover page they used the background of one of the crafts that can be found inside. I used this idea with my magazine by putting my two page story craft as my background, this way the reader will want to look inside to see what materials were used and how to make it.
I also liked their idea on using a dark background and a light colored font to contrast the color of the writing and make it stand out. I tried to convey this when I picked a darker color background and a lighter colored font, this made the words very visible and easy to read. I also used conventions from the Woman's Day Holiday Fun Magazine. This magazine used colors that represent the seasonal event. This one was also Christmas themed, it used red, green, yellow and white as its main colors. With these colors you could tell that it was Christmas themed and made the magazine stand out from others. Knowing this, I chose my colors based on Christmas and the thoughts related to it.
My magazine is used for parents and families that need ways and ideas to keep their children entertained. It is also directed towards the parents to give them tips for the holidays and simple ideas for food, decorations and organization.
Comments
Post a Comment