Cover Revision



These are pictures of my cover revision (right) and original cover (left). Starting my revision i took a better quality picture of the background. It is the same painted canvas but just a different picture with added shadows and different lighting. I used an app to edit the picture and create a higher quality. I made sure the lighting I used in my picture was brighter and I used more natural lighting outside. With the editing, I turned up the brightness and used something called vignette. This allowed for the middle of the picture to be bright and the outside and corners of the picture to be dark, and appear to be covered in a shadow. I did this because I wanted the lettering on the sides to stand out and be seen clearly. I also wanted more space around the picture. I took the picture farther back to have a bigger surrounding area around the revised picture. I then had to decide on the colors I would use. I felt that I needed to have different colors other than red and green because those colors were already in the picture. I picked yellow and white because it really stood out and grabbed the attention of the reader. I then had to pick a different font. I wanted to use the headings as one font and the small captions as another. This helps when people are trying to find key ideas in the magazine. I also wanted to try and use different fonts for different key words. I picked the title because all of the crafts I chose are ones that are made by hand. I chose the date of December 10th, 2017 because it still gives people time before Christmas but it also is not too far away from Christmas so people will still have interest in the ideas of the magazine. I also decided that I did not want to put captions over the main picture and I did not want to cover any of the words that say "Merry Christmas" so I put all of my captions and words on the sides of the frame but not too far over so they did not get cut off from the cover. I chose to write "Christmas Craft" in red and green to represent Christmas colors. For every issue I would make it a different color.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research HGTV Magazine

Research Better Homes and Gardens Autumn Glow magazine